Environment / Sustainability
Clean Energy Supercluster Expo May 5
May 3, 2009
The 2009 Clean Energy Supercluster Expo will showcase cutting-edge clean energy research from Colorado State University. Special guest, Robert McGrath, deputy laboratory director of science and technology at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, will speak at 3 p.m.
Clean Energy Supercluster Expo 2009
Tuesday, May 5
8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Lory Student Center North Ballroom
The Clean Energy Supercluster is a university-wide multidisciplinary alliance of researchers, social scientists, and business experts working on innovative research and discovery.
This all-day event showcasing the clean energy research at Colorado State, will feature brief presentations, a poster session, exhibits, the opportunity to network with industry leaders.
The event is free and open to the public.
- 8-8:30 a.m. Setup posters and exhibit
- 8:30-9 a.m. Registration and breakfast
- 9-9:15 a.m. Welcome - Bryan Willson, CSO Clean Energy Supercluster and Cenergy
- 9:15-9:30 a.m. Cenergy, Building Partnerships - Tim Reeser, COO Cenergy
- 9:30-10 a.m. Summary of First Cycle Seed Grants, Ken Reardon, professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- 10-10:15 a.m. Break / Poster session
- 10:15-10:45 a.m. “Development of Oilseed Crops for Biofuel Production in Colorado,” Patrick Byrne, associate professor of plant breeding and genetics, Department of Soil and Crops Sciences
- 10:45-11:15 a.m. "Algae Based Biofuels for the Transportation Sector," Anthony Marchese, associate professor of Mechanical Engineering
- 11:15-12 p.m. Poster session
- 12-1 p.m. Lunch
- 1-1:15 p.m. Preview of 2009 Seed Grants, Andrew Warnock, chief of staff, Clean Energy Supercluster
- 1:15-1:45 p.m. "Next Generation Lithium Ion Battery Technology," Amy Prieto, assistant professor of chemistry
- 1:45-2:15 p.m. "Organizational Change & Energy Conservation: A Case Study of Poudre School District," Jeni Cross, assistant professor of sociology
- 2:15-3 p.m. Break / Poster session
- 3-4 p.m. Guest speaker - Robert McGrath, deputy laboratory director of science and technology, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
RSVP online. Breakfast and lunch provided for registered guests. Parking permits available for industry guests.
Contact: Andrew Warnock
Phone: (970) 491-2845