September 8, 2009
Colorado State University is hosting a three-day International Colloquium on Global Challenges For Sustainability from Wednesday, Sept. 9 through Friday, Sept. 11. This is designed primarily for students, and it's free with no pre-registration required.
The program, with 15 individual sessions, is listed below. Full information about each session is available on the colloquium website.
The International Colloquium on Global Challenges for Sustainability is organized by the School of Global Environmental Sustainability and the Office of International Programs. We hope that you can attend.
Vice Provost for International Affairs
Director, School of Global Environmental Sustainability
(Unless noted, all panels are held in the Lory Student Center at Colorado State University)
• Global Energy Solutions (Bryan Willson) Grey Rock Room
• The Role of Government in Policy Making for Sustainability (Bill Farland) LSC 213-215
• Sustainable Agricultural Ecosystems in a Changing World (Dan Bush) LSC 214-216
• 21st Century Water Issues (Reagan Waskom) LSC 203-205
• Global Environmental Sustainability and Institutional Innovation (Michelle Betsill) LSC 213-215
• Creating a New Sustainable Paradigm for Society: Students’ Role (Tracy Smith) 214-216
• Smart Grid Communities (John Olienyk and Wade Troxell) LSC 203-205
• Biodiversity 911 (Diana Wall) LSC 213-215
• African Dryland Ecosystems (Gillian Bowser) LSC 214-216
• Global Environmental Health (Bill Hanneman) LSC 203-205
• Hot Topics in Sustainability (Diana Wall) LSC 213-215
• Wind Energy Economic Cluster (Wade Troxell) Engineering 100 (in ENGR building)
• Pathways to Sustainable Business (Ken Petersen) Cherokee Park Ballroom
• Comparative Approaches to Sustainability and Poverty (Nancy Banman) Grey Rock Room
• Long-term Agricultural Growth and Soil Sustainability (Stephen Davies) LSC 214-216
Contact: Jim Cooney
Phone: (970) 491-5917