January 12, 2009
Off-Campus Student Services/Resource for Adult Learners invites new incoming adult women to participate in a FREE transition program. This program is being funded by the Mildred G. Arnold foundation.
Of the approximately 3,600 undergraduate, CSU students who are 23 years of age and older, roughly 1,400 are women. Back in School for Incoming Adult Women Students is a program to support newly matriculating adult women during their transition to student life and ultimately to graduation.
The purpose of the Women Back in School program is to:
• assist adult women students in their transition to being a student;
• to inform adult women students of the on-campus resources that will facilitate academic success;
• to identify and locate various on-campus offices an classrooms prior to the first day of class;
• to build a support network with other students, with the comprehensive goal to increase retention for adult women students and support them to graduation.
Back in School for Adult Women Students will include:
• an all women’s group that meets once a week for one hour for the first six weeks of the semester;
• a Library Orientation at the start of the semester (1 ½ hours);
• a peer mentor program that will pair new students with a upper class student;
• a campus tour to locate classrooms and various offices on campus;
• the Discover Your Strengths program utilizing the Clifton Strengthsfinder on-line assessment;
• a mini workshop on the essentials for student survival;
• information about scholarships available to women;
• an opportunity to win a CSU Bookstore $200 gift certificate
Back in School for Adult Women Students will be held on Saturday, Jan. 17, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. in Room 195 of the Lory Student Center.
Registration is required and is on a first come, first served basis. To register for this free program, or for more information, please send an e-mail with your name, e-mail address and phone number to email@example.com by January 14, 2009 or call (970) 491-0415.
Contact: Jan Rastall, assistant director
Phone: (970) 491-0415