Student Financial Aid consumer information
February 25, 2010
Student Financial Services wants students to be aware of the location of information they may find helpful while attending Colorado State University.
Find helpful information
Most of the information is available in either the University catalog or on the University’s website. Catalogs are available at the University Bookstore or at www.catalog.colostate.edu.
If you are a financial aid recipient, “Your Financial Aid Guide” information booklet for 2009-2010 is available on the Student Financial Services website (go to "Forms and Publications," select "Publications for 2009-2010" which will lead you to "Your Financial Aid Guide 2009-2010").
This information booklet contains general financial aid information that we publish each year. If you would like a paper copy of any of this information, or if you have any further questions, contact Student Financial Services.
Here is a list of specific topics you may need to find information on:
1. Your Rights under FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act – Buckley Amendment)
- Information Included: The rights students have regarding their educational records
- Information Location: Colorado State University catalog; www.catalog.colostate.edu (select "Policies and Guiding Principles" and scroll down to "Students’ Rights Regarding Their Educational Records")
2. Process for Applying for Financial Aid
3. Information Regarding Financial Assistance
- Information Included: Description of all financial aid programs available through Colorado State University, rights and responsibilities of students receiving aid, how financial aid is paid, financial aid refunds, employment information, and loan repayment information
- Information Location: “Your Financial Aid Guide”; sfs.colostate.edu (go to "Forms and Publications," select "Publications for 2009-2010" and "Your Financial Aid Guide 2009-2010")
4. Federal Family Education Loan/Direct Loan deferments for Peace Corps or Volunteer Service
- Information Included: Deferments available for service in Peace Corps, Domestic Volunteer Service Act of 1973, and community service for tax-exempt organizations
- Information Location: www.dl.ed.gov (search for "Deferments" and select “FAQ- A complete listing of deferments available”)
5. Colorado State University General Information
- Information Included: Information related to tuition/fees and other costs, withdrawal from the University, refund policy, current degree programs and faculty/staff, facilities, student services, accrediting agencies and study abroad
- Information Location: Colorado State University catalog; www.catalog.colostate.edu, Financial Services, Degree Programs, University Facilities, Student Services, and International Programs
6. Resources for Individuals with Disabilities
- Information Included: Campus and other resources for individuals with disabilities, and rights and responsibilities for current and prospective students with disabilities
- Information Location: rds.colostate.edu/students
7. Colorado State University Security Policies and Crime Statistics
- Information Included: Annual safety report and alcohol/drug policy, crime statistics, and the University emergency operations plan
- Information Location: police.colostate.edu/CrimeStats
8. Completion/Graduation Rate of Students
- Information Included: The completion/graduation rates at Colorado State University
- Information Location: www.ir.colostate.edu (go to "Degrees, Graduation and Retention" and select "Degrees Conferred and/or Graduation/Retention Studies")
9. Placement Rates of Graduates
10. Ceased Attendance Policy
- Information Included: If the student does not officially withdraw from the University and receives all “F”, “U”, and/or “W” grades, the student will be required to verify the last date of attendance and the student may be required to return 50% of the financial aid received.
- Information Location: sfs.colostate.edu (go to "Financial Aid Policies" and select "Satisfactory Academic Progress")
Contact: Student Financial Services
Phone: (970) 491-6321