'Getting in to Grad School' student panels
March 5, 2010
Are you considering applying for a graduate program? Find out all you need to know about graduate school from current graduate students at the "Getting into Grad School" panel sessions on March 8, 9 and 10.
Interested in grad school?
Does going to graduate school sound appealing, but you’d like to learn more about what it’s like? Come hear from several current graduate students in various disciplines.
Each panel will discuss:
- How they made the decision to attend graduate school
- What the application process was like, and what they did in their undergraduate studies that they think helped them be competitive applicants
- Whether they took time off between undergraduate studies and attending graduate school
- What their courses and workloads are like
- The career path they plan to pursue with their graduate degrees
Bring any questions you have about grad school. Each panel will last about an hour. The panel schedule is as follows:
- Grad students in Humanities/Liberal Arts: Monday, March 8, 5 p.m.
- Grad students in various disciplines: Tuesday, March 9, 1 p.m.
- Grad students in Social Sciences: Tuesday, March 9, 7 p.m.
- Grad students in the Sciences: Wednesday, March 10, 4 p.m.
Contact: Heather Landers
Phone: (970) 491-1324