February 13, 2009
Every two seconds, someone in the United States needs blood.
Poudre Valley Hospital will be accepting blood donations on Monday, Feb. 16. Their mobile unit will be available from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. on University Ave. by the Lory Student Center and Morgan Library.
No appointment is necessary. Walk up and donate blood. All students, staff and faculty are welcome to donate.
From the American Red Cross.
10. You will get free juice and cookies.
9. You will weigh less - one pint less when you leave than when you came in.
8. It's easy and convenient - it only takes about an hour and you can make the donation at a donor center, or at one of the many Red Cross mobile blood drives.
7. It's something you can spare - most people have blood to spare... yet, there is still not enough to go around.
6. Nobody can ask you to do any heavy lifting as long as you have the bandage on. You can wear it for as long as you like. It's your badge of honor.
5. You will walk a little taller afterwards - you will feel good about yourself.
4. You will be helping to ensure that blood is there when you or someone close to you may need it. Most people don't think they'll ever need blood, but many do.
3. It's something you can do on equal footing with the rich and famous - blood is something money can't buy. Only something one person can give to another.
2. You will be someone's hero - you may give a newborn, a child, a mother or a father, a brother, or a sister another chance at life. In fact, you may help save up to three lives with just one donation.
1. It's the right thing to do.
Contact: Rita Kietzmann
Phone: (970) 491-1747